Healthy Hiking Granola Bars
These granola bars. They are really, really yummy. Satisfying in all the ways that count; filling without making you feel full, and a salty-sweet flavor balance to make you feel like you’ve gotten everything you need. Maybe more. The perfect hiking, riding, kayaking snack.
- 2 cups puffed quinoa
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup puffed amaranth
- 1 ½ cups almond butter or cashew butter
- ¾ cup rice malt syrup
- ¾ cup date paste
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 table spoons chia seeds
- 2 table spoons sunflower seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined
- Press the mixture into a lined oven dish or 23cm square brownie tin. Sprinkle with a little extra hemp and sunflower seeds and place in the refrigerator to harden for 2-3 hours.
- Cut into 10-12 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
- Go on an adventure an enjoy these yummy bars while you’re out there!