Looking for your next adventure? It starts here!
Join our women's adventure community for exclusive trips, partner benefits and inspirational articles delivered straight to your inbox.
If you have to think about the answer, it may be time to laugh while kayaking down rapids in Kangaroo Valley, relax in a yoga class or enjoy a gentle hike.
Women s Kangaroo Valley Escape will help you re-discover your inner adventurous woman with a mix of kayaking, yoga and hiking.
The weekend accommodation is nestled on 60 acres of bush and farmland.
This is an adventure experience where you will kayak down the small rapids and flat water from the historic Hampden Bridge, practice yoga and complete a gentle 1.5 hour walk on a fire trail on Sunday.
This is an EOI for the 2021 Women Want Adventure Kangaroo Valley Adventure Escapes.
All women on this list will be sent a direct email to notify them when bookings open for these four departures on Wednesday 4th November 10.00am AEST.
We are only running these trips with maximum 12 women on each for the warmer months.
Please read below for an outline about what is included in each trip and dates so you are prepared to book.
* Dates on offer for 2021 include:
* Meeting time: Please arrive at 2.30pm day 1
* Finish time: 1pm day 3
* Grade: Easy hike and kayak, gentle yoga suitable for beginners
* Hiking and paddle pace: Slow and steady
* Ages: For women over 18 years only
* Other: Women book indiviually or with friends. You are most welcome to book individually as most women do!
Price: $910pp inc GST + Eventbrite booking fee
Is there are payment plan? No payment plan available or deposit. Bookings work on a first in, best dressed process.
* Two night twin-share accommodation with own en suite
* All gourmet wholesome, nourishing plant based meals prepared by our chef
* Hot tea and coffee on the kayak and hiking trail + snacks
* Three yoga classes by qualified local teacher
* A stunning Kangaroo Valley hike
* Day kayak with all kayaking equipment + skills briefing
* Return bus transfer after kayaking down the river
* National Park licensing and all track permits
* Outdoor qualified female guide
* Emergency communications and first aid
* Alcohol on Saturday night
* Photos of your trip posted in our private Facebook group
* Meals: Afternoon tea (plant based smoothies), snacks and dinner
* Yoga: Hatha Yoga (4pm-5pm) Stretch your body and relax
Today we arrive at Kangaroo Valley, meeting at 3pm. After settling into your room and a group welcome, we ll take the first yoga class to relax into the weekend with a gentle yin practice. At night, enjoy your first plant based wholesome meal. Kick your feet up around the fire or grab a book and relax.
After breakfast get ready for a day of laughter! Your guide will take you down the small rapids from Hampden Bridge to Bendeela on a fun paddle through the gorgeous river. Spot lizards sun baking on the rocks and enjoy being away from it all. A bus will pick the group up at the end of the kayak and take you back to the accommodation for lunch. You don t need any kayaking experience.
Late afternoon we settle into a Hatha class to stretch the body from the day kayaking. At night, we ll provide a hearty dinner with a glass of red. Feel free to toast marshmallows at the fire pit and chat away into the evening.
This morning we wake for an early yoga class followed by a delicious breakfast before heading off for a hike. Your guide will take you via Upper Kangaroo Valley Road to go for a little explore to Flat Rock water hole. From here, it s a 15 minute drive to the start of the Three Views Trail walking track.
The Three Views trail has to be one of the easiest, most accessible and rewarding walks in Kangaroo Valley. The trail used to pass through open woodland and sandstone heath vegetation, however after the fires you will be able to see the impact of the devastation. It is, still beautiful to observe the re-growth and views from three separate cliff edge sites with dramatic views over the Shoalhaven gorge towards the Ettrema Wilderness.
* Hiking and paddle clothing (tights/shorts and t-shirt)
* Thermal top if its cold. You can walk in this or paddle in it
* Small day pack
* Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
* Water shoes such as sandals or shoes that can get wet
* Water bottle that holds 2L capacity (or bring two bottles/bladder)
* Personal medication
* Camera or phone for photos
* Waterproof jacket/wind jacket
* Workout gear including your joggers
* Beanie and gloves
* Clothes to get changed into after the paddle on Saturday
* Transport to accommodation
* Lunch on Sunday (we provide a large hearty morning tea on the hike so ladies don t usually feel like a big lunch). Kangaroo Valley is actually famous for its cute coffee shops so we suggest stopping in after the hike on Sunday
All linen supplied, along with ground coffee, herbal tea, milk (including soy and almond), and all the healthy snacks provided.
Please inform us when booking if you re booking with a friend and would like to share a room. All rooms have their own bathroom.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the departure dates in 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if I book in November and then can't attend one of the dates?
* A 75% refund (with the exception of the booking fee $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 31 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
* A 50% refund (with the exception of the booking fee - $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 15 to 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
* No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 10 days prior to the first day of the departure or any time after.
1. 0 to 10 days: No refund
2. 10 to 30 days: 50% refund (less booking fee - $12)
3. 31 or more days: 75% refund (less booking fee - $12)
Please be aware that if a participant cancels their trip once it commences or they do not show they also forfeit their full trip cost. Late arrival of a participant or participants on the day may also forfeit the full trip cost.
* All prices are per person and listed in Australian Dollars (AUD). All prices shown are GST inclusive where applicable.