Looking for your next adventure? It starts here!
Join our women's adventure community for exclusive trips, partner benefits and inspirational articles delivered straight to your inbox.
You ll set off on Leura Cascades trail, passing waterfalls with trail bridges, allowing you to get up close to the towering falls above. Although there are steep steps in sections, most of the trail has handrails and the bridges are fenced. Bring your hiking poles for extra support.
We ll take it slow. Why rush?
You ll need time for lookout photos, exploring sandstone caves and taking in the beauty of the world heritage area. We ll also find a rocky perch for a delicious morning tea.
The trail soon blends in with The Dardanelles Pass, a harder section with plenty of well secured steps. The but burn is worthwhile rewarding you with breathtaking views of the Jamison Valley.
It's then onto the Giant Stairway, towering up the sandstone cliffs where you will see the Three Sisters in all their glory.
Time permitting, we ll stop via the local coffee shop to sip and view the distance we just achieved (have some lunch) before making our way back to Gordan Falls Reserve.
* Meeting location: Gordans Falls Reserve- Lone Pine Avenue, Leura New South Wales 2780
* Date: Sunday 18th October 2020
* Meeting time: 8.30am
* Finish time: Between 3.00- 3.30pm
* Distance: 9.2km
* Level: Moderate to hard in some sections (steps)
* Numbers: Small group of maximum 9 women
* Cost: $89 includes booking fee & GST
* Permits and licensing
* National Park fees
* Experienced female guide
* Healthy light lunch (wraps/sandwiches)
* Hot tea and coffee for morning tea
* Morning tea fruit and snacks
* First aid
* Photos of your trip posted in our Facebook Group
A moderate level of fitness is required for this hike. We take regular breaks, stop for plenty of photos and support each other. Expect to be hiking between 4.5-6 hours. Bring your walking poles for extra support up and down steps. You will be walking up a lot of stairs and should be comfortable to walk up about (9 floors) - the stairs are steep in sections.
* Day pack (large enough to carry 2L water, rain jacket, personal belongings)
* Rain jacket
* Hat & sunscreen
* 2-3 Liters of water
* Comfortable walking shoes
* Personal medication
* Money for a cuppa coffee/tea at the Three Sisters cafe
* Cup for coffee/tea (we have spares, due to Covid we think this is more hygienic)
We re thrilled you re thinking about coming with us! Of course, if you have questions email us at email@example.com or check out the FAQ s about trips.
See you in the Blue Mountains on Sunday 18th October.
Monique Farmer - Founder/Guide
Please CLICK HERE for our day trip cancellation policy.
* All prices are per person and listed in Australian Dollars (AUD). All prices shown are GST inclusive where applicable.