- Experience the Blue Mountains National Park, one of Australia s most beautiful national parks
- Visit towering waterfalls and iconic views
- Marvel at the iconic Three Sisters
- Walk with like-minded women at at a slow pace
- Enjoy delicious and healthy food prepared by your local guide
You ll set off on Leura Cascades trail, passing waterfalls with trail bridges, allowing you to get up close to the towering falls above. Although there are steep steps in sections, most of the trail has handrails and the bridges are fenced. Bring your hiking poles for extra support.
You ll need time for lookout photos, exploring sandstone caves and taking in the beauty of the world heritage area. We ll also find a rocky perch for a delicious morning tea.
The trail soon blends in with The Dardanelles Pass, a harder section with plenty of well secured steps. The but burn is worthwhile rewarding you with breathtaking views of the Jamison Valley.
It's then onto the Giant Stairway, towering up the sandstone cliffs where you will see the Three Sisters in all their glory.
Time permitting, we ll stop via the local coffee shop to sip and view the distance we just achieved (have some lunch) before making our way back to Gordan Falls Reserve.
- Meeting time: 8.30am, please arrive at 8.15am we we can depart at 8.30am
- Finish time: 3.00pm
- Distance: 10 km
- Level: Moderate to hard in sections with steep steps
- Numbers: 10 women
- Cost: $110 includes Eventbrite booking fee & GST
- Permits and licensing
- National Park fees
- Experienced female guide
- Healthy light lunch (wraps/sandwiches)
- Hot tea and coffee for morning tea
- Morning tea fruit and snacks
- First aid
- Photos of your trip posted in our Facebook Group
HOW FIT DO YOU NEED TO BE?
A moderate level of fitness is required for this hike. We take regular breaks, stop for plenty of photos and support each other. Expect to be hiking between 5-6 hours. Bring your walking poles for extra support up and down steps. You will be walking up a lot of steep stairs and should be comfortable to walk up about (9 floors) - the stairs are very steep in sections.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Day pack (large enough to carry 2L water, rain jacket, personal belongings)
- Rain jacket
- Hat & sunscreen
- 2 Liters of water
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Camera or phone
- Personal medication
- Money for a cuppa coffee/tea at the Three Sisters cafe
We re thrilled you re thinking about coming with us! Of course, if you have questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the FAQ s about trips.
Team Women Want Adventure
For answers to common questions, please visit our FAQs Page Here.
- So, what exactly is Women Want Adventure? Do I have to be a young, super fit, experienced adventurer to attend? Nope, you certainly do not. You can be a beginner to advanced (or anywhere in-between). Women Want Adventure is all about women coming together to try something new, make friendships, experience challenges, surprises and enjoyment of adventure. Our youngest member is mid 20 s, our oldest is 71, and 75% of women turn up individually. To find out more about what we do, click here.
- What if it s raining? Women Want Adventure trips still go ahead in many types of weather, unless electric storms. We will be in contact with you regarding any cancellation due to weather via email and phone. Please bring an umbrella with you as you can walk with one on this trip.
- Is there a minimum or maximum age limit? All trips are for women over the age of 18 years. We don t have an age limit however, we encourage you to read the grading to ensure you are feeling fit and confident to complete the adventure.
- What are the ages of women who attend? Ages range from mid 20 s to late 60 s. The average age of women attending trips is 45 years.
- How fit do I need to be to attend? This walk is graded moderate to hard. This mean there are some steep sections and uneven tarrain. You need to be comfortable walking a distance of 10km over a period of 5hours with ability to walk up and down steps.
- How do you grade your trips? Please find our trip grading here. We grade trips via National Parks grading guidelines, length of activity and physical demands. Every trip is different and will have aspects within a departure that are harder than others. It s important you read the itinerary carefully and make sure the trip is suitable for your fitness. Please note, changes in weather conditions may make a trip more difficult on the day. For example - windy conditions, rainfall, hot or cooler weather. Even if a trip is graded easy , it still sits within an adventure context. This means you may be paddling in windy conditions, walking up and down steps. Easy does not mean a sedate adventure. For all our trips, a minimum level of physical capability and willingness to be outside on the adventure is required.
- Can you help arrange my transport and travel? Travel is by individual means only. We do not arrange group transfers. If requested by email, we can assist in connecting you with other women to arrange car-pooling options. However, due to Covid-19, we have not encouraged group sharing.
- Do I need hiking poles? Hiking poles are a personal choice. They can assist with balance and reducing weight on your hips and knees as well as supporting you going up and down steps and hills. If you don t like them, you can easily store them in your pack when they re not needed. If you would like to hire poles, please contact us to check availability.
* A 75% refund (with the exception of the booking fee $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 31 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
* A 50% refund (with the exception of the booking fee - $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 15 to 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
* No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 10 days prior to the first day of the departure or any time after. This includes cancellation requests for illness and injury.
Click here to view our full Terms and Conditions. or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.womenwantadventure.com.au/terms-and-conditions.html