225 kilometres south-east of Melbourne, lies Australia s most spectacular and beautiful coastal wilderness, Wilsons Promontory National Park.
This women's overnight camping and hiking weekend will take you to breathtaking views, walking near clear turquoise waters, exploring horseshoe bays, hidden coves, granite headlands, and white sandy beaches.
Your Victorian Women Want Adventure Leader Lisa will be looking after you with guided hikes, yummy camping meals and support.
- Start time: Meeting 9.30am at Tidal River Campground (Lisa will be waiting for you here)
- Finish time: Between 2.30pm-3.30pm on Sunday
- Level: Moderate. Longer distance hiking. This trip is of course open to beginnrs. We need to make it clear that the walks are over 4 hours in duration and want everyone to be comforatble with the distance.
- Numbers: 10 women
- Leader: Victorian WWA Leader - Lisa Barnes -0402 214 256
- Price: $450pp + bookings fees
- Hike: Three Bays Walk
- Distance: 12.km return (4.5 hours)
- Details: This spectacular walk connects three beaches, allowing the walker to fully experience the beauty of both land and sea at the Prom. Starting at the Tidal River footbridge, travel alternates between track and beach walking. Arrange a car shuttle for a one way walk.
- Camping: We return post hike to our camp for a healthy meal and to set up our tens for the night
- Hike: Mt Oberon Summit Walk
- Distance: 6.8km (2.5 hours return)
- Details: From Telegraph Saddle carpark, follow the summit track gradually uphill for the reward of a 360-degree view of the park. During peak periods a free shuttle bus takes visitors to Telegraph Saddle from Tidal River and the Overnight Hikers carpark. Telegraph Saddle carpark is closed at these times.
WHAT TO BRING:
- SLEEPING BAG
- GROUND MAT
- CAMPING CHAIR
- PERSONAL SNACKS
- EATING UTENSILS...CUP...PLATE...BOWL...KNIFE, FORK
- HEAD TORCH WITH NEW BATTERY
- PLEASE PACK 3L WATER. WE WILL SUPPLY ADDITIONAL FOR COOKING AND DRINKING
- PERSONAL MEDICATION
- RAIN COAT. YOU MUST BRING THIS
- A PAIR OF SHOES TO GET WET
- WARM CLOTHES TO GET CHANGED INTO AFTER DAY 2
- WARM JACKET
- TOILET ROLL
- GOOD BOOK
- 2X SOCKS
- UGG BOOTS
- CHANGE OF CLOTHES FOR NIGHT ON DAY 1 (Pack a warm jumper as it can get cold by the river)
- BYO WINE
- DINNER ON SATURDAY NIGHT (we cater for dietary requirments)
- BREAKFAST ON SUNDAY
- LUNCH ON SUNDAY
- MORNING TEA ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- SNACKS (your welcome to bring your own)
- COOKING GEAR
- FIRST AID
- CAMPING NATIONAL PARK FEES
- Transport to Wilsons Promontory
We hope you will be one to join us!
The Women Want Adventure Team
What if it s raining? Women Want Adventure trips still go ahead in all types of weather, unless electric storms. We w will be in contact with you in case of a change in plans. Please bring your wet weather gear as we canoe in raining weather.
What if I don't own a tent?
You can hire a tent from us for the weekend for $15. Please let us know in your booking form.
Do I have to be really fit? No! We ask that you feel comfortable to hike for longer distances over 5km.
How old do I need to be to attend? Women Want Adventure trips are for women over the age of 18 years.
Roughly how old are the women attending? Between mid 30's to late 60's.
Cancelation Policy for this trip: Cancellation of a booking by You must be made in writing. It is up to you to cancel your booking. We will not regard a booking as cancelled unless and until written notice is received by us. On cancellation the following charges will apply:
We hope you do not need to cancel your trip, however if cancellation takes place the following will apply:
- More than 30 days before the trip there is no charge
- 29-15 days before the scheduled trip there is a 20% administration fee
- 14 days or less before the scheduled trip the full fee will be charged (100% of the participant cost).
* All prices are per person and listed in Australian Dollars (AUD). All prices shown are GST inclusive where applicable.