Looking for your next adventure? It starts here!
Join our women's adventure community for exclusive trips, partner benefits and inspirational articles delivered straight to your inbox.
The Clover Hill trail at Macquarie Pass is 40 minutes south of Wollongong and close to Kiama.
After meeting in the car park with a few air hugs , we follow the old logging route up leading to Rainbow Falls and three smaller falls upstream on the Macquarie Rivulet.
We walk in the dense shade of the forest before the landscape opens up at Clover Hill these are paddocks cleared by farmers over a century ago and your guide will talk about the history.
High above, the massive cliffs of the escarpment glow yellow and orange in the sunlight, so don t forget your camera.
The huge rainforest trees, eucalypts, beefwood, Illawarra flame trees, cabbage tree palms and tree ferns, home to lyrebirds and goannas, give way to sunny plains where you will often see kangaroos hopping about.
Do you take the stairs at work? You ll be able to do this hike! It s graded moderate because we walk UP and we go DOWN. Women should feel confident on their feet and walking over rocks that may be unsteady.
* Meeting location: KFC Car Park 145 Tongarra Rd, 2527, Albion Park
* Date: Sunday 8th November 2020
* Meeting time: 7.45am in the car park, we drive share from here 10 minutes up the road to the start of the trail.
* Finish time: Between 1-1.15pm
* Distance: 7.1km return
* Level: Moderate to some hard and steep sections. There is rock scrambling, hills and steps
* Numbers: Small group of maximum ten women
* Cost: $110 includes booking fee
* Permits and licensing
* National Park fees
* Experienced female guide
* Hot tea and coffee
* Hearty morning tea
* First aid
* Photos of your trip
A reasonable to good level of fitness is required for this hike. We take regular breaks, stop for plenty of photos and support each other. Expect to be hiking between 3.5- 4 hours. Bring your walking poles for extra support up and down steps.
* Day pack (large enough to carry 2L water, rain jacket, personal belongings)
* Rain jacket
* Hat & sunscreen
* 2-3 L of water
* Comfortable walking shoes
* Personal medication
* Cup for coffee/tea (we have spares, due to Covid we think this is more hygienic)
We re thrilled you re thinking about coming with us! Of course, if you have questions email us at email@example.com or check out the FAQ s about trips HERE.
Yes - women turn up individually!
Yup - you re fitter than you think.
See you in Albion Park.
Team Women Want Adventure,
Please CLICK HERE for our day trip cancellation policy.
* All prices are per person and listed in Australian Dollars (AUD). All prices shown are GST inclusive where applicable.