Looking for your next adventure? It starts here!
Join our women's adventure community for exclusive trips, partner benefits and inspirational articles delivered straight to your inbox.
On your Women Want Adventure paddle, we explore the river from the weir at Fuller s Bridge all the way down to the Harbour.
From our gathering point at Wirong Flat on River Avenue Lane Cove, we'll start with a technique and safety briefing to make sure you feel comfortable in the kayaks. We then head upstream to the weir - then downstream to Sugarloaf Reserve for a morning tea break. The river twists and turns as it passes through the Lane Cove River National Park.
Our lunch spot will be at a boutique beach on the Harbour (you ll have a great view of the bridge), where you ll be able to swim if you wish.
Are there similar trips to this running with Women Want Adventure? Yes! Please view all our kayaking day trip departures here.
If you have any questions about this trip please contact us at email@example.com.
You will be contacted with a reminder email the Monday before this trip departs.
What if it's raining?
We'll go if showers are predicted but not if continuous rain, high winds or thunder and lightning are on the agenda. If in doubt on the day ring us just after 7am. If the paddle has to be postponed because of the conditions we will email you at 7am. No email = the paddle is on.
Are there minimum age requirements to enter the event?
You must be over the age of 18 years to attend this trip.
What do I need to wear in the kayak?
Comfortable clothing. Old shorts or tights. You can wear your swimmers with a rash shirt. Basic gym clothes work best.
Do I need to be fit for this trip?
This is a beginner level tour. Women are in double kayak which means your can team up with your buddy if you feel a little tired. We always support everyone and go at a pace that works for the whole group. You don't need to book with a friend and can attend individually (most women do).
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation Policy Day Hikes, Day Kayaking, Overnight Hikes, Canyon Trips and Women's Adventure Escapes:
* A 75% refund (with the exception of the booking fee $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 31 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
* A 50% refund (with the exception of the booking fee - $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 15 to 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
* No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 10 days prior to the first day of the departure or any time after.
1. 0 to 10 days: No refund
2. 10 to 30 days: 50% refund (less booking fee - $12)
3. 31 or more days: 75% refund (less booking fee - $12)
Please be aware that if a participant cancels their trip once it commences or they do not show they also forfeit their full trip cost. Late arrival of a participant or participants on the day may also forfeit the full trip cost.
* All prices are per person and listed in Australian Dollars (AUD). All prices shown are GST inclusive where applicable.