Looking for your next adventure? It starts here!
Join our women's adventure community for exclusive trips, partner benefits and inspirational articles delivered straight to your inbox.
This mix of canyoning and abseiling experience is a perfect way to be introduced to the outdoors, especially in the Blue Mountains.
We begin the day with learning the ropes "literally" with a half day dry abseiling. The abseiling is done off the Narrow Neck plateau itself, with three different pitches - 5m, 15m, 30m. Afterwards we all head around to the Conservation Hut area for lunch and the Empress Canyon.
The Empress Canyon consists of majestic rainforest scenery with rock jumps from 2m up to 5m and finishes with a breath-taking 30m waterfall abseil! The longest swim required to complete is approximately 10m. You will be provided with a thick, warm wetsuit, canyoning harness, backpack and a helmet. Once you are geared up, we give you abseil preparation training, then off we go to start our journey into the depths of the canyon!
Before you get to the waterfall, you will have already gasped at the canyon s beautiful rainforest and sculptured rock, clambered over boulders, leaped into deep pools, and spotted bright orange crayfish. For the canyon you will also wear a wetsuit to protect you from its always cool waters and there are some short swims involved.
We look forward to meeting you on the day.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
How old do I need to be to attend?
Women Want Adventure trips are for women over the age of 18 years unless accompanied by an adult.
Do I need any experience?
No. This trip is designed to teach you the fundamental skills of abseiling through a canyon. The qualified guides will assist you and you will always be safe.
Can I attend individually?
Yes! Many of the women who attend our trips turn up individually and make very good friends with the other ladies in our community. We welcome everyone.
Have another question? We have a range of FAQ's for you to read here.
COVID - the below will still apply if you need to cancel your trip due to travel restrictions from Covid-19.
* A 75% refund (with the exception of the booking fee $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 31 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
* A 50% refund (with the exception of the booking fee - $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 15 to 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
* No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 10 days prior to the first day of the departure or any time after. This includes cancellation requests for illness and injury.
1. 0 to 10 days: No refund
2. 10 to 30 days: 50% refund (less booking fee - $12)
3. 31 or more days: 75% refund (less booking fee - $12)
Please be aware that if a participant cancels their trip once it commences or they do not show they also forfeit their full trip cost. Late arrival of a participant or participants on the day may also forfeit the full trip cost.
If you need to transfer to another date of the same trip, a $20 transfer fee applies. Transfers must be conducted outside the 30 day cancellation period.
* All prices are per person and listed in Australian Dollars (AUD). All prices shown are GST inclusive where applicable.