Looking for your next adventure? It starts here!
Join our women's adventure community for exclusive trips, partner benefits and inspirational articles delivered straight to your inbox.
If you have to think about the answer, it may be time to laugh while kayaking down rapids in Kangaroo Valley, relax in a yoga class or enjoy a gentle hike.
Women s Kangaroo Valley Escape will help you re-discover your inner adventurous woman with a mix of kayaking, yoga and hiking.
The weekend accommodation is nestled on 60 acres of bush and farmland.
You can choose to go for a stroll around the paddocks, read a book on a sun bed or sit around the warm fire at night with a glass of red. Plenty of time to relax and adventure.
Winter is the perfect time of year for this trip with gentle weather on the river and blue skies for hiking.
Coming on this weekend will help you feel energetic, healthy and a little more wild .
This is an adventure experience where you will kayak down the small rapids and flat water from the historic Hampden Bridge, practice yoga and complete a gentle 1.5 hour walk on a fire trail on Sunday.
* Two night twin-share accommodation with own en suite
* All gourmet wholesome, nourishing plant based meals prepared by a chef
* Delicious hearty smoothies
* Hot tea and coffee on the kayak and hiking trail + snacks
* Three yoga classes by qualified local teacher (Hatha classes)
* All yoga gear including mats
* 30 minute easy body movement class
* A stunning Kangaroo Valley hike
* Day kayak with all kayaking equipment + skills briefing
* Return bus transfer after kayaking down the river
* National Park licensing and all track permits
* Outdoor qualified female guide
* Emergency communications and first aid kit
* Photos of your trip posted in our private Facebook group
* Date: Friday 21st August - Sunday 23rd August 2020
* Meeting time: Please arrive at 3pm on Friday at accommodation
* Meeting place: 145 Jacks Corner Road, Kangaroo Valley
* Finish time: 1pm Sunday
* Numbers: 13 women
* Grade: Easy hike and kayak, gentle yoga suitable for beginners
* Hiking and paddle pace: Slow and steady
* Ages: For women over 18 years
145 Jacks Corner Road // Kangaroo Valley - NSW, turn right into the property. Please look up location before leaving.
Thank you for the day paddling on Kangaroo Valley River! The rapids were SO much fun! I loved the scenery and enjoyed the paddle with the other women ~ Sally Tarbit
* Meals: Afternoon tea (plant based smoothies), snacks and dinner
* Yoga: Hatha Yoga (4pm-5pm) Stretch your body and relax
Today we arrive at Kangaroo Valley, meeting at 3pm. After settling into your room and a group welcome, we ll take the first yoga class to relax into the weekend with a gentle yin practice. At night, enjoy your first plant based wholesome meal. Kick your feet up around the fire or grab a book and relax.
This morning begins with a 7-7.30am easy body movement class with your guide Monique. She s a personal trainer by trade and ready to have you giggling your way into squats, holds and body movements to feel great and tone. This class is designed for a booty burner suitable for beginners and can be tailored for advanced. The music will be on and you ll be moving your body before breakfast!
*optional class. You may decide to sleep in.
After breakfast get ready for a day of laughter! Your guide will take you down the small rapids from Hampden Bridge to Bendeela on a fun paddle through the gorgeous river. Spot lizards sun baking on the rocks and enjoy being away from it all. A bus will pick the group up at the end of the kayak and take you back to the accommodation for lunch. You don t need any kayaking experience.
Late afternoon we settle into a Hatha class to stretch the body from the day kayaking. At night, we ll provide a hearty dinner with a glass of red. Feel free to toast marshmallows at the fire pit and chat away into the evening.
This morning we wake for an early yoga class followed by a delicious breakfast before heading off for a hike. Your guide will take you via Upper Kangaroo Valley Road to go for a little explore to Flat Rock water hole. From here, it s a 15 minute drive to the start of the Three Views Trail walking track.
The Three Views trail has to be one of the easiest, most accessible and rewarding walks in Kangaroo Valley. The trail used to pass through open woodland and sandstone heath vegetation, however after the fires you will be able to see the impact of the devastation. It is, still beautiful to observe the re-growth and views from three separate cliff edge sites with dramatic views over the Shoalhaven gorge towards the Ettrema Wilderness.
* Hiking and paddle clothing (tights/shorts and t-shirt)
* Thermal top if its cold. You can walk in this or paddle in it
* Small day pack
* Comfortable enclosed walking shoes
* Water shoes such as sandals or shoes that can get wet
* Water bottle that holds 2L capacity (or bring two bottles/bladder)
* Personal medication
* Camera or phone for photos
* Waterproof jacket/wind jacket
* Workout gear including your joggers
* Beanie and gloves
* Ugg boots for relaxing around the fire
* Clothes to get changed into after the paddle on Saturday
* Musical instrument if you would like to play for us!
* BYO wine if you wish. We will have a few bottles for the table at dinner
* Transport to accommodation
* Lunch on Sunday (we provide a large hearty morning tea on the hike so ladies don t usually feel like a big lunch). Kangaroo Valley is actually famous for its cute coffee shops so we suggest stopping in after the hike on Sunday
All linen supplied, along with ground coffee, herbal tea, milk (including soy and almond), and all the healthy snacks provided.
Please inform us when booking if you re booking with a friend and would like to share a room. All rooms have their own bathroom.
Contact Monique if you have any questions about this trip at email@example.com.
A 75% refund (with the exception of the booking fee) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 31 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
A 50% refund (with the exception of the booking fee) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 15 to 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 14 days prior to the first day of the reservation or any time after.
1. 0 to 14 days: No refund
2. 15 to 30 days: 50% refund (less booking fee)
3. 31 or more days: 75% refund (less booking fee)
Participants must assume the day is going ahead if they do not hear from Women Want Adventures otherwise. If participants cancel their trip on the basis of weather (and we have not cancelled it ourselves) no refund will be given. If weather conditions cause us to cancel the trip we will offer alternative dates however if this option is not possible for participants refer to the Women Want Adventure Credit and Refund Policy.
* All prices are per person and listed in Australian Dollars (AUD). All prices shown are GST inclusive where applicable.