The best way to experience the beautiful coastlines of Kiama and Gerringong is by foot with Women Want Adventure.
With spectacular ocean views, inviting detours and proximity to amenities and public transport, the Kiama Coast Walk is the perfect way to explore and enjoy the South Coast.
- Embark on a scenic day walk through towns, beaches and farmland
- Explore coves and discover cultural history
- Walk at a slow pace with like-minded women
- Spot whales and dolphins on your journey
- Meeting location: Kiama Blowhole Lookout // NSW
- Meeting time: 8.30am
- Finish time: 2.30pm
- Grade: Easy to Moderate . This trip has easy road sections and some beach walking, however ranges into moderate level as the distance is 12km with some rolling green hills. Be prepared to walk in hotter or cooler weather and cover this distance
- Group size: 11 women
- Age: Over 18 years
- Distance: 12km
- Cost: $110pp includes GST and booking fee
Meeting at the Blowhole Point Lookout in Kiama (near the lighthouse), we walk at a slow pace towards Loves Bay. This stretch is open to sealed and unsealed paths as we make our way through the end of town.
Passing Little Blowhole with spectacular ocean views, we continue south before stopping in the shade of the beach trees for a morning tea and rest. After our break, we continue along beautiful grassy rolling hills, spotting whales as we walk.
Once we reach Werri Beach an organised shuttle will return the group to Kiama.
- Delicious morning tea
- Hot tea and coffee on the trail
- Shuttle bus return back to Kiama (unless the rover mouth is overfollowing and we can't pass)
- First Aid
- Women Want Adventure qualified guide
- Photos from your trip shared on our private Facebook Group
Kiama Blowhole Lookout is a 2.5 hour drive from Sydney. From Wollongong, head to Kiama and drive out towards the headland. There are signs to the lookout of the blowhole and it's easy to find. Your guide will be waiting at the lookout.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Walking shoes/joggers
- Small day pack for your personal belonging
- Wet weather gear including a rain jacket that is waterproof
- Sunglasses and hat (very important)
- Water (please bring 2L)
- Light fleece t-shirt
- Swimmers and towel for warmer months
- Hiking poles (optional buy handy! We also hire poles. Please contact us for further details)
- Personal medication
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you on the Kiama Coast.
Team Women Want Adventure
For answers to common questions, please visit our FAQs Page Here.
- So, what exactly is Women Want Adventure? Do I have to be a young, super fit, experienced adventurer to attend? Nope, you certainly do not. You can be a beginner to advanced (or anywhere in-between). Women Want Adventure is all about women coming together to try something new, make friendships, experience challenges, surprises and enjoyment of adventure. Our youngest member is mid 20 s, our oldest is 71, and 75% of women turn up individually. To find out more about what we do, click here.
- What if it s raining? Women Want Adventure trips still go ahead in many types of weather, unless electric storms. We will be in contact with you regarding any cancellation due to weather via email and phone. Please bring an umbrella with you as you can walk with one on this trip.
- Is there a minimum or maximum age limit? All trips are for women over the age of 18 years. We don t have an age limit however, we encourage you to read the grading to ensure you are feeling fit and confident to complete the adventure.
- What are the ages of women who attend? Ages range from mid 20 s to late 60 s. The average age of women attending trips is 45 years.
- How fit do I need to be to attend? This walk is graded easy to moderate. This mean there are some sections that are easy road walking and other sections that are on hills and beach walking. You need to be comfortable walking a distance of 12km over a period of 4-5hours.
- How do you grade your trips? Please find our trip grading here. We grade trips via National Parks grading guidelines, length of activity and physical demands. Every trip is different and will have aspects within a departure that are harder than others. It s important you read the itinerary carefully and make sure the trip is suitable for your fitness. Please note, changes in weather conditions may make a trip more difficult on the day. For example - windy conditions, rainfall, hot or cooler weather. Even if a trip is graded easy , it still sits within an adventure context. This means you may be paddling in windy conditions, walking up and down steps. Easy does not mean a sedate adventure. For all our trips, a minimum level of physical capability and willingness to be outside on the adventure is required.
- Can you help arrange my transport and travel? Travel is by individual means only. We do not arrange group transfers. If requested by email, we can assist in connecting you with other women to arrange car-pooling options. However, due to Covid-19, we have not encouraged group sharing.
- Do I need hiking poles? Hiking poles are a personal choice. They can assist with balance and reducing weight on your hips and knees as well as supporting you going up and down steps and hills. If you don t like them, you can easily store them in your pack when they re not needed. If you would like to hire poles, please contact us to check availability.
* A 75% refund (with the exception of the booking fee $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 31 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
* A 50% refund (with the exception of the booking fee - $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 15 to 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
* No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 10 days prior to the first day of the departure or any time after. This includes cancellation requests for illness and injury.
Click here to view our full Terms and Conditions.