- Dates: Wednesday 2nd - Friday 4th September 2020
- Meeting Time: Wednesday (TBA exact location) 9am in Jindabyne
- Ages: Over 18 years. Most women are between 20-65 years in our community
- Destination: Guthega, Backcountry (TBA as weather can change)
- Accommodation: Participants will need to book accommodation in Jindabyne on Friday night September 6th unless they live close by. We also recommend staying in Cooma which is 1hour from Jindabyne.
- Numbers: 8 women + female guide
- Cost: $1290pp inc GST
- Deposit: $120 (included in full amount)
Pitch your tent in the snow! This two night women’s snowshoeing adventure will have you hiking in the backcountry of Guthega in the Snowy Mountains.
We set out with equipment on our backs to navigate in the snow to our Base Camp - Horse Hut.
This experience is perfect for women wanting to try something different. It’s a true adventure!
WHAT YOU LEARN:
- How to snowshoe
- Pack fitting and equipment for snow trips
- Snow cooking
- How to set up camp in the snow/ dig trenches
- Snow navigation skills
WE CAN HELP SUPPLY
- Hiking packs
- Sleeping bags (you will need at least a -10 sleeping bag)
ESSENTIAL PACKING LIST:
- Clothing list (sent to ladies who book)
- Jacket with hood (wind & waterproof & breathable, (gortex or similar)
- Overpants wind & waterproof & breathable, (Gortex or similar)
- Ski/Hiking socks (2 pairs)
- Outdoor style shoes/boots
- Polypropylene/woollen long johns
- Base layer top Polypropylene/woollen Thermal top
- Mid weight fleece pants
- Mid weight fleece top
- Down jacket
- Fleece/wool hat
- Neck muff or balaclava
- Liner gloves wool or synthetic
- Mountain / ski gloves or mitts (wind & waterproof)
- Pack (large internal frame model approx 60 -75 litres capacity)
- Sleeping bag (down or synthetic, 4 season/snow)
- Sleeping mat (closed cell foam and/or self inflating mat)
- Water Capacity minimum 2 litres
- Eating utensils (Bowl, mug and knife, fork and spoon)
- Headlamp (with spare batteries and bulb)
- Sunglasses (suitable for snow use)
- Snow goggles
- Sunscreen and lip salve (high protection rating)
- Notebook and pen
- Personal first aid kit includes blister tape and any personal medication required
- Personal Toiletries (toothbrush, etc)
* All prices are per person and listed in Australian Dollars (AUD). All prices shown are GST inclusive where applicable.
Meet in Jindabyne for Introductions at 9.00am. Meeting location will be sent to ladies closer to departure. Our breeding will be conducted here where we look at everyonen's equipment, re-pack clothing, food and other items we need.
After our briefing we travel to Guthega Power Station to park our cars and begin the walk. A 4WD is recommended as the road to Guthega can be snowed over. If you don't have a 4WD please let us know as we may be able to car share to this location. A Snow Safety Training and Snowshoe Training and practice will be taught before we begin.
Travel By Snowshoe to basecamp and set up tents (approx. 5km) Overnight In Mountain Tents.
Basecamp breakfast before walking further into the backcountry to hike to Horse Camp Hut (approx. 8km) Snow camping at this location. Navigation skills.
Horse Camp Hut back to Guthega and return to Jindabyne. Arrive back Tinto Jindabyne between 1-3pm. Ladies can buy their own lunch in town post trip.
- Snow tents
- Sit matts
- Snow Shoes
- Snow Poles
- Snow shovels
- Technical navigation
- First aid and safety equipment
- Food (2 breakfast, lunch and dinners)
- Qualified and experinced female leader - Lizzy Riley
- Transport to Jindabyne and Guthega
- Accommodation on Friday night before trip begins
- Personal snacks
You need to be enthusiastic and understand walking in the snow can be challenging at times with unpredictable weather. The hiking is not overaly hard, however we ask ladies to have a base level of fitness to be able to walk with an overnight pack (15-18kg). Camping in the snow can be cold! This is truly an adventure so if you're booking be prepared for a out there experience of fun, exciting and something different.
There are no reviews for this trip. If you have been on an adventure with us and would like to post a review. Please contact us to submit a review
Back to top