The Wallangambe Canyon is the perfect way to cool off and have fun.
On this trip we cliff jump (optional), slide and laugh through the canyon.
This is a moderate canyon to immerse yourself in the fresh beautiful waters of the area. We will take you through the skills to make your way through the canyon safely.
The hike into the canyon and out of the canyon is graded 4 (Challenging). This means it's a steep walk in and out and your buns burn! It will involve loose rocks and moving over uneven surfaces to make your way into the canyon. How fun!
Walking in and out of the canyon takes 1 hour
We advise women are comfortable walking in wet clothing and steep sections of trail. A good level of fitness is required for this trip as it's a long day, but very doable!
A full day of adventure with us includes a delicious lunch and snacks, and all adventures include modern and top of the line equipment to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
- Meeting Time: 8.15am
- Meeting Location: Mt Wilson Fire Station, Mt Wilson
- Maximum numbers: 5
- Grade: Moderate to Challenging- this trip has a variety of aspects. The hike in and out of the canyon is steep, on uneven surfaces and graded hard. Once in the canyon, it's a moderate float and movement over rocks. Optional extra obstacles also make this canyon rewarding for keen individuals
- Requirements: Comfortable in water. Ability to swim and be on your feet for over 6 hours. Expect to be cold, wet or tired at times!
- Canyon section: Wallangambe section (2)
- Length: Approximately 6.5 hours, expect to finish around 4-4.30pm back at your car
WHAT TO BRING
- Secure waterproof containers will be provided for personal items
- Durable older clothing. Dress weather appropriately (check weather forecasts)
- Running shoes, joggers or trainers to wear in the canyon (they will get wet). Shoes must be enclosed and have grip
- Swimming attire (wear under clothes)
- 2L water
- Gloves. Gym gloves or bike riding gloves to protect your hands from the rocks
- Hair ties for long hair
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Rain jacket (check weather forecasts)
- Camera (optional, must be waterproof and strongly tied to your body)
- Dry clothes and an extra towel to get changed into at the end of the day. Leave these in your car
- Lilo! A lilo is a fun way to float and relax down the canyon. If you don't have one, you can float on your canyon pack we provide. Lots of Newsagents sell lilos for a cheap price
- Any personal snackies, just incase you feel yourself getting "hangryyy"
- Licensing and canyon permit
- Experienced, qualified and professional canyon guide
- All safety equipment including PLB
- Wet-suit and helmet
- Dry bags and canyon packs for your gear
- Lunch and snacks
LEAVE IN YOUR CAR
- Celebratory champaign (ha! okay, maybe not?)
- Change of clothes
- Change of footwear
COVID - 19 QUESTIONS
Adventure, travel and Covid-19 is one of those things that naturally gives rise to queries, concerns and doubts, so we re here to put your mind at ease.
To attend any trip with us, all women are required to produce:
* Proof of COVID-19 full vaccination
These new safety measures that apply on all of our trips.
If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons, you may apply for an exemption. Exemptions will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. To apply, you must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional.
View our Covid-19 Information Page Here.
We've got plenty of answers to your questions HERE.
- So, what exactly is Women Want Adventure? Do I have to be a young, super fit, experienced adventurer to attend? Women Want Adventure is all about women coming together to try something new, make friendships, experience challenges, surprises and enjoyment of adventure. Our youngest member is mid 20 s, our oldest is 71, and 75% of women turn up individually. Make sure you clearly check the graded system and make sure this is the right trip for you.
- How old do I need to be to attend? Women Want Adventure trips are for women over the age of 18 years.
- Do I need any experience? No. Most women who book have never been canyoning before. We ask you are confident to be on your feet for up to 7 hours and moving over rocks and waterfalls.
- Can I attend individually? Yes! Many of the women who attend our trips turn up individually and make very good friends with the other ladies in our community.
- What shoes should I wear? Please wear shoes that have good grip on the bottom. Joggers or sand-shoes are suitable. Gym type clothes you would walk around the block in are suitable to walk in and out of this canyon.
Some boring, but important stuff!
If you need to cancel, please refer to our T&C's HERE.
Because many of us skim read... here is a quick cancellation summary:
1. 0 to 10 days: No refund
2. 10 to 30 days: 50% refund
3. 31 or more days: 75% refund
Transfers can occur outside 15 day period to the same trip at a later date. Otherwise cancellation fee's apply.