Looking for your next adventure? It starts here!
Join our women's adventure community for exclusive trips, partner benefits and inspirational articles delivered straight to your inbox.
The Jervis Bay waters are a kayaker's delight; a protected marine region of sparkling waters and white sandy beaches fringed by National Park. For a whole day, we paddle dictated by the tides, wind and the sun, enjoying two relaxing breaks for morning tea and lunch. We leave plenty of time to learn new paddling skills and feel comfortable on the water at a slow paddle pace.
Morning - We ll meet and greet the group in Hussikson before heading to our launch location for handy technique and paddle skills briefing. We ll set out in double sea kayaks for approximately 1.5 hours, taking in the coastline and the expanses of the Jervis Bay waterway. Your guide will select a relaxing spot in the shade for a rest break and a hot cuppa tea with light refreshments/fruit.
Afternoon - Once we are recharged we will get back in the kayaks and explore the Booderee National Park, learning some of Jervis Bay's historic significance. It is very likely to see whales and dolphins on this trip and we will be taking the best option on the day for spotting the amazing animals. We ll stop again for lunch, a delicious selection of locally made salad wraps plus additional snacks and fruit. Time again for another kayak to take it all in before heading back to the landing site. This is a superb adventure to attend individually or with a friend. Many women turn up individually. We will help you partner up on the day and you can swap around with your paddle buddy if you choose.
* Meeting point - 7.45am at the Corner Sydney Street and Owen Street, Huskisson (this is outside the cinemas and there are bathrooms at this location. Look for Husky Cinemas).
* Duration - 7.45am till 3pm
* Price - $210 per person
* Leader - Ross Boardman for Women Want Adventure
* A warm jacket to put underneath a wet weather jacket. (We can supply)
* Shoes that can get wet
* Drink bottle (2L) We will supply additional water if needed
* Change of clothes to leave in the bus
* Paddle gloves (optional)
* Long sleeve light weight top for sun protection
* Camera with strap or water proof case
We look forward to helping you get outside and in the kayak. Please email us if you have any questions about this adventure.
We will be in touch via email on the Monday before your trip departs. Not the date you re looking for? This trip runs multiple times per year. Visit www.womenwantadventure.com.au for more.
Team at Women Want Adventure,
Are there minimum age requirements for this trip? All Women Want Adventure trips are for over 18 years only.
What do I need to wear in the kayak? Tights or shorts. Anything you are comfortable in and you don t mind getting wet. You can wear your swimmers under your clothing in summer or bring them with you. During winter, it s best to bring a thermal or long sleeve top to keep warm.
What are the fitness requirements? I m worried I m not fit enough and have never been kayaking before. This trip is suitable for first time kayakers and beginners. Our guides will teach you basic skills and make sure you feel comfortable and safe. All women are in double kayaks which makes the paddling much easier.
* A 75% refund (with the exception of the booking fee) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 31 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation
* A 50% refund (with the exception of the booking fee) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 15 to 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation
* No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 14 days prior to the first day of the reservation or any time after
Booking fee - $10
1. 0 to 14 days: No refund
2. 5 to 30 days: 50% refund (less booking fee)
3. 31 or more days: 75% refund (less booking fee)
Please be aware that if a participant cancels their trip once it commences or they do not show they also forfeit their full trip cost. Late arrival of a participant or participants on the day may also forfeit the full trip cost.
Cancellation due to weather:
Participants will hear from us if we need to cancel the day due to the weather. Participants must assume the day is going ahead if they do not hear from Women Want Adventures otherwise. If participants cancel their trip on the basis of weather (and we have not cancelled it ourselves) no refund will be given. If weather conditions cause us to cancel the trip we will offer alternative dates however if this option is not possible for participants refer to the Women Want Adventure Credit and Refund Policy.
* All prices are per person and listed in Australian Dollars (AUD). All prices shown are GST inclusive where applicable.