Looking for your next adventure? It starts here!
Join our women's adventure community for exclusive trips, partner benefits and inspirational articles delivered straight to your inbox.
Based in one of the best overnight paddle destinations in Australia, we explore the river banks and breathtaking natural scenery.
We pack our camping gear into the canoes to spend the night by the river, relax around the fire and feel away from every day pressures.
Your qualified flat water canoeing Women Want Adventure guide will ensure a safe, fun filled adventure choosing the pace that will best suit the group and the weather conditions for the weekend.
* We're pleased to be able to paddle up the Gorge again post fires and closed campsites. Please note, due to National Park camp bookings, this trip is now strickly limited for numbers.
We meet at the Base House (2210 Moss Vale Rd Barrengarry 2577) in Kangaroo Valley at 9.00am. We will be organsing to leave our cars here. After a quick sorting out of gear and a group welcome, we jump on the shuttle bus to take the twenty-minute shuttle to Tallowa Dam.
It's then a 3 hour paddle into the spectacular Shoalhaven Gorge which is recognised as one of the most scenic flat water paddles in Australia, especially after rain with many waterfalls coming over the majestic sandstone cliffs.
We stop on the way to have morning tea by the river and take our time.
We camp at one of the Fossickers Flat area's by the river to enjoy the peace, no roads, no powerboats, just the noise of the birds to wake you up in the morning.
At night we relax around the fire (when permitted), with wine and cook up a healthy meal.
Wake up by the river and enjoy a yummy outdoors breakfast and a swim. Return paddle to Tallowa Dam by 1.30pm. We will allow 3.5 hours to enjoy morning tea on the banks along the way. We will meet the shuttle for the return back to our cars.
If you have any questions about booking this trip, please contact our team firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're looking forward to seeing you soon,
Team Women Want Adventure
What if it s raining? Women Want Adventure trips still go ahead in all types of weather, unless electric storms. We will be in contact with you in case of a change in plans. Please bring your wet weather gear as we canoe in raining weather.
How old do I need to be to attend? Women Want Adventure trips are for women over the age of 18 years.
Are there bathrooms on this trip? There are no flushing toilets on this trip or drop toilets. Your guide will instruct the group on a bush bathroom location and use appropriate methods to care for the environment. This means you will be going in the bush, and leaving no trace of paper or sanitary items.
Roughly how old are the women attending? Between mid 30's to late 60's.
Do I need to be really fit? No. We paddle very slow and take our time. You will be in a double canoe and has assistance from your partner. A basic level of fitness is required.
Do I need to book with a friend because two ladies go in a canoe? No! Come individually! We make it work with numbers and it's a really nice way to connect with a new friend paddling up the Gorge.
What is the cancellation policy?
Please view our terms and conditions here and below for this trip:
Cancellation Policy Day Hikes, Day Kayaking, Overnight Hikes, Canyon Trips and Women's Adventure Escapes:
* A 75% refund (with the exception of the booking fee $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 31 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
* A 50% refund (with the exception of the booking fee - $12) will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 15 to 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
* No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 10 days prior to the first day of the departure or any time after. This includes cancellation requests for illness and injury.
1. 0 to 10 days: No refund
2. 10 to 30 days: 50% refund (less booking fee - $12)
3. 31 or more days: 75% refund (less booking fee - $12)
Please be aware that if a participant cancels their trip once it commences or they do not show they also forfeit their full trip cost. Late arrival of a participant or participants on the day may also forfeit the full trip cost.
If you need to transfer to another date of the same trip, a $20 transfer fee applies. Transfers must be conducted outside the 30 day cancellation period.
* All prices are per person and listed in Australian Dollars (AUD). All prices shown are GST inclusive where applicable.